Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Kuria said "With my head held high, I am now taking on new responsibilities."
Kuria said "With my head held high, I am now taking on new responsibilities."
Kuria proud of achievements during his tenure at the Trade Ministry/COURTESY

Kenya

Kuria vows to deal with incompetent officials as he heads to new docket

NAIROBI, Kenya Oct 5 – Moses Kuria, the recently appointed Cabinet Secretary for Public Service, Performance, and Delivery Management, has pledged to take decisive action against incompetent State Officers, which includes his fellow Cabinet Secretaries and the broader civil service.

Kuria, who was reassigned from the Ministry of Trade by President William Ruto in his inaugural Cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday, assured that within six months, his influence and results will be evident, and even his detractors will be seeking his reassignment.

He cautioned that during this timeframe, he will be submitting reports to the President regarding government employees who fall short in fulfilling their responsibilities.

“If you were agitated by me when I was handling one Ministry now be prepared to see me deliver,” he said on Thursday during the launch of an industrial park in Garissa County.

As the head of the 22 Ministries within his new role, Kuria issued a stern warning that any government official who fails to fulfill their duties will face his wrath and will ultimately be held accountable to President Ruto – the appointing authority.

“I will streamline this government and if you do not like me be prepared,” Kuria said.

The Cabinet Secretary, known for his controversial nature, revealed that his reassignment was orchestrated by his detractors.

However, he issued a warning that once he officially assumes control of the Ministry, those responsible will be in for a surprise.

“Government employees you know me. If you will not deliver be prepared to go home,” Kuria said.

Kuria challenged government officials who cannot meet their obligations to consider applying for early retirement instead of waiting to face consequences later.

“I am ready and willing to accept the letters of early retirement from the officials who will not meet my demands,” he said.

He emphasized that there are many unemployed, motivated youths who are eager and willing to take on government roles if given the chance.

Therefore, he reiterated his commitment to not tolerate incompetence during his tenure.

“We have to do everything possible to give our youth a chance to work, to be productive, and to make their hustles matter. We have no option,” he said.

Comments

More on Capital News

Kenya

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 18 – Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen says four people were killed Monday during nationwide protests sparked by rising fuel costs....

Kenya

Dp Kindiki said the government had already cushioned Kenyans from even higher costs through various interventions.

Kenya

Cases of businesses being vandalised and property looted during the unrest were also reported.

Kenya

President Ruto condemned the brutal attack and assured Kenyans that those responsible would be brought to book regardless of their affiliations.

Kenya

RHCO Deputy Executive Director Alzira Arodi said the increase in fuel costs would significantly strain household budgets and weaken family cohesion.

FUEL PRICES

National Liberal Party leader Dr. Augustus Kyalo Muli has backed peaceful fuel protests and called for a 90-day suspension of VAT on petroleum products...

FUEL PRICES

Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka has defended the nationwide fuel strike, blaming the government’s fuel price hike for crippling transport operations and worsening the cost-of-living...

NATIONAL NEWS

Interior CS Kipchumba Murkomen has vowed justice after gospel artist Rachel Wandeto died from severe burns sustained in a petrol attack allegedly linked to...