Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

World

(WATCH) ‘Completely and totally obliterated!’ – Trump confirms US strikes on ‘key’ Iranian nuclear sites

US President Donald Trump announced that US forces had ‘completely and totally obliterated’ three Iranian ‘key’ nuclear sites – Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan – in a speech from DC early on Sunday morning.

“Our objective was the destruction of Iran’s nuclear enrichment capacity, and a stop to the nuclear threat posed by the world’s number one state sponsor of terror. Tonight, I can report to the world that the strikes were a spectacular military success. Iran’s key nuclear enrichment facilities have been completely and totally obliterated. Iran, the bully of the Middle East, must now make peace,” he said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the move as a ‘bold decision’ that ‘will change history’. Iran’s Nuclear Safety Centre reported that no signs of contamination had been detected at the targeted sites.

Comments

More on Capital News

Top stories

Trump painted a dire picture of the United States’ immigration landscape, claiming that the foreign-born population had reached 53 million.

World

Trump previously opposed releasing the files, but he changed course last week after facing pushback from Epstein's victims and members of his own Republican...

Top stories

Israel confirms recovery of Tanzanian intern Joshua Loitu Mollel’s body from Gaza, two years after he was killed and abducted by Hamas during the...

Fifth Estate

Since acceding to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in December 2001, China has signalled its intent to operate within global rules—opening markets, protecting intellectual...

World

An advisor to Nigeria's president told the BBC that any military action against the jihadist groups should be carried out together.

CHINA DAILY

While most Republicans voted against the measure, four Republicans joined Democrats to vote for the ending of the national emergency.

World

No reason was given for the cut, but the notice said it was "justified by humanitarian concerns or is otherwise in the national interest".

CHINA DAILY

WASHINGTON — Democratic governors and attorneys general from 25 US states filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration on Tuesday, challenging its conclusion that...