, Our client operates one of the largest retail sandwich stores worldwide, they are quickly expanding in Kenya as well as making inroads to other markets. They are currently seeking to recruit a Restaurant Manager to be part of their versatile team.
The Restaurant Supervisor will be required to supervise the operations of a shift to ensure that food safety, product preparation, cleanliness and inventory control standards are maintained. They will also be required to schedule and supervise Service Staff.
- Manage Service Staff. Assign, oversee and evaluate their work.
- Train newer or less experienced Sandwich Artists in their tasks and responsibilities.
- Implement inventory control standards.
- Inspect equipment and storage facilities throughout a shift to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- As needed, supervise food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards are maintained.
- Coordinate and supervise staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Recommend promotion, transfer, or termination of employees under his/her supervision. May conduct written and verbal staff evaluations
- Check products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Exhibit a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of menu items and explain them to guests accurately.
- Use Point of Sale system/cash register to record orders and compute the amount of the bill. Collect payment from guests and make change.
- Perform Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepare food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3 year experience in a restaurant environment, communication and organizational skills.
- Diploma/degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills and strong analytical/decision making skills are needed
- Demonstrated achievement in staff selection, coaching and development.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100