Reporting to: Chief Corporate Communications Officer
Department: Corporate Communications
The purpose of this position is to enhance Telkom Kenya’s relations with all key media houses in the country as well as improve Telkom Kenya’s stakeholder relations and engagements. The holder of this role will also steer the Company’s Internal Communications agenda, in association with the Human Resources function of the business. The holder of this role also deputises the Chief Officer of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Operational (incl. Planning):
- Oversee publicity for and orchestration of corporate events and press conferences, taking the lead with the business’s PR Agency to develop all Corporate Communication material, as well as confirm on the accuracy of all material set for external dissemination;
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key local and in some cases international media; personally and via the PR Agency;
- Ability to strategically articulate products and solutions of the business and prepare appropriate write-ups and dissemination of news quality items to all target publics and stakeholders;
- Ensure the existence of smooth relations between the business and key stakeholder organisations and regulatory bodies where need arises;
- Coordinate all corporate events, ensuring that they conform to the approved business standard and assist in the preparation of all Communication material for the same, as well as all other meetings and seminars where the business may be a participant;
- Take the lead with the business’s PR Agency to ensure strategic and effective coverage of the business in the targeted media (both traditional and new);
- Ensure quality when it comes to the content, look and feel of the business’s Corporate Website, in conjunction with the Digital Communications function of the Department;
- Continuously monitor global and local trends, review policies and objectives that impact the business – Market intelligence;
- Developing an understanding of the Internal Communications needs within the business;
- Ensure the use of interactive feedback channels to promote cross-communication within the company;
- In association with the Human Resource function of the business, manage culture transformation through innovative initiatives based on tested research metrics;
- In association with the Human Resource function of the business, ensure the continuous inculcation of the company’s values through the induction of new staff as well as via regular and strategic staff related engagements.
|Academic Qualifications & Experience
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position. Applications should be sent, latest, 24th April 2015.
Please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and details of three referees. Apply via firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.