Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the world which operates in various business segments. They are looking for a vibrant, passionate and highly qualified professional to join their professional team as their Project Engineer-Civil.
In this role, the Project Engineer will be required to achieve the project scope and deliverables as well as developing a solutions / designs that meets the project scope and deliverables and is acceptable to the project owners should this be required. The successful candidate will support Civil Engineering Related project deliverables throughout construction of Greenfield factory construction project.
- Active leadership to design and enforce a safe working environment on the construction site from ground breaking to project completion.
- Lead the technical design & execution of civil engineering related elements of new construction including:
- Site leveling and preparation for entire site (cut & fill)
- Stormwater design and drainage, including rainwater retention
- Treated Waste Water effluent design
- Pavement and hardscape design and specifications (parking, walkways, etc)
- Municipal water connection
- Sewer connection
- Borehole drilling and development
- Traffic layout and flows, access roads, and connection to highways
- Parking layout and design
- Provisions for external structures including guardhouse, water treatment, fuel storage, and waste water
- Manage the design firms and contractors:
- Support the civil engineering leader for reviewing bids with contractors
- Ensure contractor work on the latest IFC deliverables
- Provide drive for results, leadership, and ‘can-do’ attitude for the site team and contractors
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate the construction works
- Make sure the contractors are structured and organized in an efficient manner
- Ensure the project is constructed according to latest approved, issued for construction design information, drawings, specifications, etc.
- Communicate to the construction management team and site engineering leader, and owner’s engineers who might be visiting the project
- Close out the project with timely completion of snags
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Professional Engineering License (or working towards) and familiarity with green building standards.)
- Minimum 5 years combined experience of civil engineering design and engineering project management experience with increasing complexity / scope. Successful implementation of a project with a value exceeding $1MM USD-$5MM USD
- Advanced design knowledge of design and specifying appropriate mechanical and servo motor power transmission systems
- Advanced knowledge of design of equipment for food safety / hygienic design
- Advanced six-sigma training, having attained a Black Belt
- Advanced knowledge of design for maintainability and reliability
Skills and Competencies
- Building effective teams
Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Strong ethical approach to safety, quality, and environmental protection and business
- High Learning Agility
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of peers and partnering firms
- Influencing without authority
- High learning agility
- Must be able to travel to designer’s offices, contractor’s offices, project site, current factory.
- Availability to lead and participate in conference calls for project team in the evening to be able to connect with all global regions / time zones.
- Must be able to work extended hours on construction work sites.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Tuesday 17th March 2015
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.