Human beings have a fine-tuned sense of fear. But how do we distinguish between fear and danger? How do we decide which fears are rational and irrational?
In this hour, TED speakers explore what it means to be afraid, and how we calm ourselves down – or don’t – when we’re terrified.
1. Chris Hadfield: How Do You Deal With Fear Versus Danger?
2. Karen Thompson Walker: What’s The Difference Between Rational and Irrational Fears?
3. Joe Kowan: Is There A Cure For Stage Fright?
4. David Blaine: Is It Possible To Be Fearless?
5. Stephen Cave: Should We Be Afraid Of Death?