HP has announced the release of the HP ElitePad 900 in the Kenyan market. The announcement was made at an event at Hemmingways Hotel in Karen, clearly signalling the intention of HP to target Kenya’s business and corporate community.
HP says the tablet is designed for business, government healthcare and retail. It features HP ElitePad Smart Jackets which add connectivity options and longer battery life along with specific add-ons that customize the tablet for specialized uses.
The ElitePad is an ultrathin, lightweight Microsoft Windows 8 tablet that delivers features to keep IT managers happy and touts a design that employees will crave. It offers full serviceability, enhanced security and manageability found in HP Elite PCs, packed with a battery that passed over 115,000 hours of tests.
“Many organizations are forced to trade design for functionality when making technology purchasing decisions,” said HP Kenya Managing Director, Mr. Charles Kuria. “By combining the style and user experience consumers demand with the features IT requires, the HP ElitePad shows that customers can have it all.”
Ergonomically shaped to fit comfortably in the hand, the HP ElitePad offers a 25.7 cm (10.1”) display, weighs just 0.68 and measures 9.2 millimetres (mm) thin. The 16-by-10 aspect ratio maximizes the display area for ideal viewing of traditional business applications, as well as video content. Precision crafted, with an eye toward fit and finish, the HP ElitePad uses stylish, premium materials such as CNC-machined aluminium and Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
The unique, productivity-enhancing ecosystem of HP Smart Jackets and additional accessories designed specifically for the HP ElitePad expand the tablet’s potential, turning it into a total enterprise solution:
- HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket—includes an integrated keyboard, connectivity ports, SD card reader and adjustable viewing angles for a complete computing experience.
- HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket—adds USB, HDMI and other connectivity to get more done on the go. Add even longer battery life when bundled with the optional HP ElitePad Jacket battery.
- The HP ElitePad Rugged Jacket—provides added protection
- HP ElitePad Docking Station—delivers an enterprise-class desktop experience with an added keyboard and monitor and also charges the tablet. Or, use it to set the tablet up as a secondary screen for phenomenal multitasking.
- HP Executive Tablet Pen—lets customers write messages and notes in their natural handwriting directly on screen and then save or convert to typed text for use in other applications.
Loaded with tools for mobile work or play
The HP ElitePad tablet’s 1080p front-facing video camera and 8 megapixel (MP) rear camera with an LED flash and included CyberLink YouCam software help users easily communicate face to face, create high-definition (HD) web videos or record training videos without high production costs.
Users can easily print directly from their HP ElitePad to any ePrint-capable HP printer or to a networked HP printer without the need for downloading drivers. The HP ElitePad also helps small workgroups connect with HP Wireless Hotspot, a desktop application that allows users to share a wireless internet connection and network bandwidth.
Additional user-experience software includes the CyberLink Media suite, which enables users to manage and create audio and video content with the same easy-to-use interface as other HP business PCs. Plus users can record and listen to audio with a stereo microphone and headset jack that feature the richness of SRS Audio.
Information management is made easy with Evernote, which captures, saves and synchronizes information across devices with impressively quick search capability, and Skitch software that eases collaboration with colleagues by quickly marking up images with captions or sketches.
The HP ElitePad 900 is currently available in the market.