The Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards acknowledge true pioneers in several diverse fields of business on the African Continent, and countries chosen for this year’s regional ceremonies include Nigeria (West Africa), Rwanda (East Africa) and South Africa.
Now in its second year, the Johnnie Walker Blue Label CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards pay homage to the achievements of visionary individuals as the continent asserts its place at the world economic table.
The East African finalists have been selected for their game-changing contributions to the East African business landscape, and will contend for the opportunity to enter the national round for the title of Africa’s most ground-breaking business person in their respective fields.
The finalist’s for each category in the East African round are:
Business Leader of the Year
• Jonathan Ciano – CEO and Group Managing Director, Uchumi Supermarkets
• James Gatera – CEO, Bank of Kigali
• Duncan Kibui – CEO, Chase Bank
Business Woman of the Year 2013
• Joanne Mwangi – Founder and CEO, Professional Marketing Services Group
• Nasim Devji – Group CEO, Diamond Trust Bank
• Priya Budhabatti – Head of Human Resources, Craft Silicon Kenya ICT and Craft Silicon foundation Kenya.
Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
• Peter Nduati – Founder and CEO, Resolution Health East Africa, Ltd.
• Zafrullah Khan – Group Managing Director, Chase Bank
• Patrick Bitature – Founder, Chairman and Group CEO, Simba Telecoms Group of Companies, East Africa.
Young Business Leader of the Year 2013
• Kamal Budhabatti – Founder and CEO, Craft Silicon ICT Kenya
• Gachao Kiuna – CEO and Managing Director, Trans-Century Group
• Joshua Oigara – Group CEO, Kenya Commercial Bank
About CNBC Africa
CNBC Africa was launched on June 1st 2007, to fill the vacuum in business news services that had previously existed on the African continent. CNBC Africa’s main editorial objective is to deliver accurate, reliable and actionable information.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wines, and beer categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Smirnoff, J&B, Baileys, Cuervo, Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, Crown Royal, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.
Diageo is a global company, trading in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (DGE). For more information about Diageo, its people, brands, and performance, visit us at Diageo.com. For our global resource that promotes responsible drinking through the sharing of best practice tools, information and initiatives, visit DRINKiQ.com.
Below are the nominees PROFILESEast Africa nominees Profiles