Together with Dr Rachel Edwards-Stuart and ‘Eat Well, Sleep Well’ ambassador for Simba, Lily Soutter, the creators of the world’s best mattresses have developed the Dream Food Recipe series; a three-course menu that’s scientifically proven to help you drift off to sleep.
Here’s the Recipe for a dessert.
Galia Melon with Yoghurt, Walnuts, Walnut Oil, Apple Juice & Mint
Ingredients – serves 4
• 1 Ripe galia melon
• 450g Greek-style live yoghurt
• Or Coconut-based vegan ‘yoghurt’
• 300ml Sharp apple juice such as Bramley
• Handful of whole walnuts or walnut pieces
• 2 Teaspoons walnut oil
• 1 Bunch mint
• 2 Teaspoons good quality runny honey
1. Remove the skin and seeds from the melon and cut the flesh into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a bowl, whisk the apple juice together with the honey to sweeten slightly. Add more honey if you would like it sweeter.
3. Finely chop the walnuts. Chop the mint leaves into fine strips.
4. To assemble the dish, place pieces of melon in a dessert bowl. Put a few teaspoons of yoghurt around the dish. Pour some of the sweetened apple juice around everything, being careful not to pour it directly onto the melon or yoghurt. Add a few drops of walnut oil into the apple juice. Garnish the yoghurt with the pieces of walnut and garnish the melon pieces with strips of mint.