NAIROBI, Kenya, May 8- The Ministry of Health is aware of the fatigue that many Kenyans are currently experiencing due to the directives that were introduced to curb the spread of the virus.
Speaking during the daily briefing on the status of the country following the outbreak of coronavirus in the country, Chief Administrative Health Rashid Amana encouraged that the measures put in place are to help the society recover from the disease.
“We understand the fatigue, but these are unusual times and we have to make great sacrifices to be able to live through this time,” said Aman.
Aman warned against breaking the rules that the government has put in place which will lead to more infections.
“We should not allow that fatigue to make us break the restrictions and rules that have been put in place because we will be turning the wheel backwards,” he added.
His sentiment comes at a time when a report by Google revealed that more Kenyans are going to their places of work while businesses in Nairobi’s CBD are resuming.
At the same time, Anan said ally, the government has noticed that some residents are sneaking in and out of Eastleigh even after being locked for 15 days due to the alarming number of infections in the area.
“This issue of sneaking out of the restricted areas is a major concern to us where that kind of activity will make us lose what we gained,” said Aman.
The directive has hurt small businesses in Nairobi’s Eastleigh, an area that serves as a key commercial hub.
Kenya has so far reported 621 positive cases of coronavirus after 922 samples were analyzed in the last 24 hours.
