Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development and working closely with the Branch Managers the successful candidate will be required to have a breadth of skills across brand marketing, branch management and product development with great insight and intuition. In particular the job holder will be a person with an interest in a member based Society, with a strategic outlook and exemplary execution skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop and provide leadership in implementation of marketing and communication strategy to achieve the Society’s business and corporate strategies.
2) Contribute to the development and refinement of the Society’s marketing vision and strategy.
3) Lead the marketing function and identify, analyze and implement new business growth opportunities.
4) Implement marketing, advertising and promotional tasks and carry out effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities in the Society.
5) Support creation of data-driven, dynamic, ‘voice-of-the-customer’ marketing strategies and tests that deliver against Return on Investment (ROI) targets through a segmented customer base across marketing channels.
6) Ensure consistent brand messaging across TV, print, radio, outdoor, digital and social media marketing channels.
7) Provide feedback into product development and service offers; participate in their development and collaboration to create, launch and track performance of product and service offerings in our markets.
8) Preparing annual marketing plans and forecasts for the Society.
9) Evaluate marketing effectiveness by allocating, managing and monitoring advertisement and promotion budgets periodically.
10) Direct and analyze regular market research to develop insights for product development, brand positioning and brand equity growth.
11) Carry out market intelligence and surveys; accelerate growth in membership and product uptake.
12) Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, branch awareness and other marketing initiatives.
Key Qualifications and Skills
KCSE Grade B- or its equivalent.
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other related fields from a recognized university.
Chartered Institute of Marketing professional qualification.
A Master’s degree in a Business related field is an added advantage.
Five (5) years of relevant experience, three (3) of which should be at a supervisory level, preferably in a financial institution.
Develop a deep understanding of the Society savings and credit products available to customers.
Practical experience in the application of digital marketing and social media as part of the integrated marketing campaigns.
Strong execution skills with proven experience in multi-project execution and management.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse cross functional teams.
Able to demonstrate a high level of independent judgement, strong leadership skills and ability to influence.
A start-up personality, entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible and resilient.
Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning and draw valid conclusions.
Experience in effectively managing budgets, financial reporting and setting up effective metrics and business processes.
Tenacity and resolve to work in a fast paced environment.
Excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills.
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 26th February 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
More on Capital Business
NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 12 – The country’s super wealthy individuals are increasing their holding of bonds, gold and cash, a new report by Knight...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 9 – Businessman and industrialist Dr. Chris Kirubi has urged members of the public to exercise extreme caution when making any...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 24 – Businessman and industrialist Dr. Chris Kirubi is set to own half of Centum Investment Company PLC, following a go-ahead...
It is without a doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has caught the whole world by surprise. Although its full impact is yet to be...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 18 – Commercial Banks have been ordered to provide relief to borrowers on their personal loans, with loans eligible from March...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Jun17 – Kenya’s tea leaves manufacturer Kericho Gold, has been awarded the Superbrands Seal by Superbrands East Africa for their quality variety...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 13 – As the local telecommunications industry gears up to roll out 5G networks in the country, the Communications Authority of...
NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 22 – Airtel Kenya is offering free internet access for students in order to enable continued learning at home in the...