Our client is one of the largest food manufacturers in the world which operates in various business segments. They are looking for a vibrant, passionate and highly qualified professional to join their professional team as their Project Engineer-Civil.
In this role, the Project Engineer-Electrical will be required to achieve the project scope and deliverables as well as developing a solutions / designs that meets the project scope and deliverables and is acceptable to the project owners should this be required. The successful candidate will support Electrical Engineering Related project deliverables throughout construction of Greenfield factory construction project.
- Active leadership to design and enforce a safe working environment on the construction site from ground breaking to project completion.
- Lead the technical design & execution of electrical engineering related elements of new construction including:
- Site connection to KPLC, underground cabling
- Lighting protection, building and site earthing and grounding
- Outdoor lighting
- Lighting in production building, utility building, and administration building
- Power distribution infrastructure including switchgear, distribution panels, power cabling, conduits and trays.
- Manage the contractors and construction managers:
- Support the site engineering leader for reviewing bids with contractors
- Ensure contractor work on the latest IFC deliverables
- Provide drive for results, leadership, and ‘can-do’ attitude for the site team and contractors
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate the construction works
- Ensure installation meets Wrigley expectations for clean design
- Make sure the contractors are structured and organized in an efficient manner
- Ensure the project is constructed according to latest approved, issued for construction design information, drawings, specifications, etc.
- Communicate to the construction management team and site engineering leader, and owner’s engineers who might be visiting the project
- Close out the project with timely completion of snags
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Professional Engineering License (or working towards) and familiarity with green building standards.)
- Minimum 10 years combined experience of Electrical engineering design and engineering project management experience with increasing complexity / scope. Successful implementation of a project with a value exceeding $2MM USD-$5MM USD
- Advanced design knowledge of design and specifying appropriate power panels, conduits, and cabling
- Advanced knowledge of international standards for electrical safety
- Advanced knowledge of design of equipment for food safety / hygienic design
- Advanced knowledge of design for maintainability and reliability
Skills and Competencies
- Building effective teams
Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Strong ethical approach to safety, quality, and environmental protection and business
- High Learning Agility
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of peers and partnering firms
- Influencing without authority
- High learning agility
- Must be able to travel to designer’s offices, contractor’s offices, project site, current factory.
- Availability to lead and participate in conference calls for project team in the evening to be able to connect with all global regions / time zones.
- Must be able to work extended hours on construction work sites.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Tuesday 17th March 2015
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.