We boast over 15 years of experience in the horticulture sector and have found our niche in the production, sourcing and supplying of, as well as trading in, country fresh fruits and vegetables; we provide an integrated supply chain from the grower source to various market segments and customers globally.
We have recently injected significant amount of private equity capital which will see us realize our very ambitious growth plan in the next couple of years, indeed, moving some of our operations from our current base upcountry to Nairobi. The CEO we seek will work closely with the Board of Directors during this transition stage and will be fully supported by a team of professionals in horticulture.
You will provide leadership in long and short-term planning, setting up of operations of the new factory, and overseeing the company’s operations to ensure operational efficiency, quality of products and cost-effective management of resources.
- Lead in the development of a short term (including a 100-day plan) and five-year strategic plan
- Lead the implementation of the business plans aimed at realizing the company’s revenue, profitability and smallholder farmer benefits objectives.
- Monitor organization performance in all aspects i.e. financial, operational, etc through the review of activity reports and financial statements and taking corrective action as necessary
- Deliver operational excellence through the development and implementation of operational procedures, standards and policies, ensuring the factory attains various certifications such asIFRS, BRC or ECO –Cert within 6 months of operations.
- Monitor the organization’s material undertakings, activities and external factors affecting the company e.g. contracts, agreements, external regulatory requirements and ensure compliance
- In concert with the Board Chair, develop Board agendas and lead in preparing and presentation of management reports to the Board.
- Keep the Directors up-to-date with organization performance and provide accurate and timely information that enables them to form appropriate judgments and make decisions.
- Build a positive corporate brand by taking charge of corporate communications and effectively representing the company at meetings, formal functions and interfacing with different stakeholders.
- Establish and relationships with foreign buyers and enforce organizational standards to ensure products and factory are compliant to buyer requirements.
- Manage the performance of your team to include building their expertise and ensuring the delivery of the company objectives.
This position will suit an individual with:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting; an MBA will be adefinite advantage.
- Ten years of experience in a leadership role of a large division in a company or as head of a medium sized company.
- Experience in strategic planning, formulating policies, standards and procedures and their implementation.
- Experience in contracting, negotiating and change management including process re-engineering.
- Experience in financial planning and management, ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources and to analyze and interpret financial data for various stakeholders
- Solid professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrable people management skills that include experience of staff development, motivating teams and working in a labour-intensive environment
- Proven experience of successfully managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel extensively.
How to apply:
Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing Date: Monday 16thMarch2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies.