On Saturday, May 19, every girl tuned into the Royal Wedding got the chance to live out their fairytale vicariously through Meghan Markle, now Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex.
The Suits star married Prince Harry in a stunning wedding at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle. The guest list included the likes of Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Serena Williams, The Beckhams and of course some of her co-stars on Suits.
It’s fair to say that the one thing we all were eagerly awaiting was a glimpse of her wedding dress. The Duchess is rumoured to have asked every leading British designer to send in sketches of possible wedding gowns, leaving everyone guessing who she would have chosen for her big day.
And if you were one of the many women keen to know every last detail about her dress, the tiara and everything in-between, well here goes:
- Her gown was by Givenchy and designed by Clare Waight Keller. It was a minimalistic, off-shoulder design with a timeless and elegant aesthetic.
- Keller made the dress out of double bonded silk and included an underskirt which added volume and structure to the gown.
- She wore the Filigree tiara on loan to her by the Queen while her studs and bracelet were Cartier.
- The bateau neckline added a soft touch while the three-quarter sleeve helped modernize the gown.
- The veil was 5 meters long and made from silk tulle. The hand designed flowers was an ode to the commonwealth flora.
- Meghan’s makeup artist and friend, Daniel Martin, kept it quite natural with her makeup. She had a slightly smokey eye with fluttery lashes, bold brows, slightly flushed cheeks and a soft pink lip. Her skin looked natural and radiant.
- Unlike Kate Middleton who had her hair down and in soft curls, Meghan had her hair in a bun with a center part.
- Her nail polish happened to be the Queen’s favourite, Ballet Slippers by Essie.