There’s a good chance that if you’re reading this, you’ve already been swept up by the coconut oil movement and have used it in your hair, body and food. In fact, you’ve probably even experimented with bulletproof coffee which includes a couple tablespoons of coconut oil for an extra boost.
But what about avocado oil? We’ve seen the increase in avocado toasts dominating Instagram pages but for those who want to take it up a notch, how about including this natural oil in your beauty and health regimen?
Not only is it a good source of Vitamin E, it also helps in weight loss, helps heal your skin and as you’ll learn, makes for a great dry scalp treatment.
Here are 7 reasons why you should consider including avocado oil in your daily regimen:
- If you’re on a health journey then you’ll find that it’s a great substitute for butter. Spread it over toast and pan fry it or drizzle it over your popcorn for some extra flavour. You may even use it in baking if you wish.
- Believe it or not, it’s a great way to reduce spots on your face and reverse any sun damage effects. You can mix some avocado oil with an actual avocado and apply it to your face a couple times a week.
- If you happen to run out of makeup remover, try some avocado oil instead. It’s gentle on your skin and leaves it feeling moisturized.
- Avocado oil is great for dry scalp treatments as it deep conditions and infuses moisture back into your hair. Make sure to wash it all off so as not to leave your hair greasy.
- If you love cooking and want to reduce the amount of unhealthy fats, try using avocado oil. It’s great for marinating your meats or grilling vegetables. You could also use it in a stir fry.
- If you happen to have a wound, try adding a few drops around that area. The oil helps the blood clot and will help reduce the appearance of scars.
- Struggling with ashy elbows and knees? Not to worry! Add a bit of avocado oil to your moisturizer and massage onto dry areas to help nourish your skin.