It seems a chapter has come to an end for Ole Gunnar’s Manchester United.
A controversial season for Manchester United, the team has fallen short of the top team it once was. With an interesting list of players on the pitch, David de Gea, Ashley Young, Paul Pogba and even Juan Mata; the highly acclaimed United has suffered a great defeat by a relegated Huddersfield.
According to The Guardian, Manchester United’s slender hopes of a top-four finish were ended in shambolic fashion when they surrendered an early lead to relegated Huddersfield, allowing the club marooned at the bottom of the table with 14 points to claim a wholly unexpected 15th that will alter the nature of Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s summer. A badge of honor for the small team of Huddersfield, their secret power may have just been the fact that United underestimated the team and its players.
Here are 7 things you should know about Huddersfield player Isaac Mbenza:
1. Mbenza was born in Saint-Dennis France and is of Congolese descent.
2. A young talent, he has represented the Belgian national youth teams from the Belgium U17 team to the level of the Belgium U21 team.
3. Aged 23, Isaac Mbenza joined the Premier League in August 2018, on a season-long loan. With his great performance thus far, some speculate his loan may soon become something more permanent for the young player.
4. Isaac Mbenza practices the faith of Islam. He often prays for a win and thanks Allah for a great performance after matches.
5. The 6 foot forward, has previously played professionally in France before moving to England. He played in a second-tier league team Valenciennes Football Club. While there, he played for Valencienne’s first and second teams from 2013 to 2016.
6. Mbenza eventually moved up to play in a French top tier team Montpellier Hérault Sport Club in 2017. This move was a career changer for the young player from Saint-Denis, opening him up to a variety of opportunities, including his move to Huddersfield.
7. Mbenza’s first Premier League goal was against Manchester United at the match played last Sunday (5/5/2019). His equalizer was the final nail in the coffin for Man United’s Top Four dreams.