Queen Elizabeth cancels all major events due to coronavirus pandemic - The Sauce
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Da Squeeze

Queen Elizabeth cancels all major events due to coronavirus pandemic

Queen Elizabeth has canceled all major events at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The 94-year-old monarch has been forced to ax receptions and events for the rest of the year “as a sensible precaution” given the ongoing health crisis.

The Palace said on its website: “In line with current Government guidelines, and as a sensible precaution in the current circumstances, there will be no large-scale events held at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle for the rest of the year. A variety of possibilities were examined to see if it was possible for investitures to safely take place in line with the guidelines.

“Sadly, due to the large numbers of guests and recipients attending, it was not possible to find a way of safely delivering these events in the current circumstances. Recipients will be contacted directly.”

Despite the news, the Queen – who was quarantining on her Sandringham estate before relocating to Scotland for her annual break at Balmoral – looks to return to Windsor Castle this month and to use Buckingham Palace for “an autumn program” of smaller events.

The statement continued: “The Queen’s intention remains to return to Windsor Castle in October and to resume the use of Buckingham Palace during an autumn program of audiences and engagements, in line with all relevant guidance and advice.”

The announcement comes after reports Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan – who is currently residing in Santa Barbara, California with their 16-month-old son Archie, after stepping down as senior royals earlier this year – are considering visiting the UK before Christmas.

A source said: “There’s a lot of tradition surrounding the holidays with his family, and they both have really loved that in the past. With the uncertainty of COVID, they have been taking it one day at a time and are hopeful that they can all go back together and spend it as a family.”

And the main drive for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan to return is a chance for Archie to see his great-grandparents – Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.

The insider added: “Time will tell if that will need to happen and if it could potentially impact what they do and when, but they are all eager to get back to spend time with Harry’s family and for Archie to see his great-grandmother and great-grandfather in particular.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

Some More Sauce...

Lifestyle

Kenyans on Twitter woke up to an explicit video that has since gone viral. In the video, a woman who is known on social...

Da Squeeze

Kenyan beauty Tanasha Donna Oketch recently opened up about her life. The 24 year old former radio presenter, musician and mother of one is...

Da Squeeze

Who remembers the time when sex was simple. Well, nowadays there are a lot of weird fetishes that we can’t even keep track of...

Featured

Ugandan TV journalist Simon Kaggwa Njala’s face has got to be one of the memed faces of 2019.   But how did this Ugandan...

Featured

The Free Mason society is known to be secretive and very private, but not anymore it may seem. The Freemason society based in Nairobi...

Da Squeeze

Kenya has a robust matatu culture and some people around the world love it. Award winning American singer and dancer Chris Brown yesterday (23.03.20)...

Da Squeeze

Is there a woman making your heart skip a beat? She might be a secret woman of your life.  Most women love, but they...

Featured

Ex Zimbabwean leader  Robert Mugabe was given a heroic state funeral on Saturday (14.09.19) and above all, he will be remembered for his great...