Newly freed A$AP Rocky admits he was ‘disappointed’ after being found guilty of assault

A$AP Rocky is “disappointed” after being found guilty of assault by a Swedish court.

The 30-year-old rapper has taken to Instagram to break his silence after a court in Sweden found him and his co-defendants Bladimir Corniel and David Rispers guilty of assault on Wednesday (15.08.19), following an incident which took place in Stockholm in July.

Posting on Instagram just hours after his verdict was announced, Rocky wrote: “I AM OF COURSE DISAPPOINTED BY TODAY’S VERDICT. I WANT TO SAY THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF MY FANS, FRIENDS, AND EVERYONE WHO SHOWED ME LOVE DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME. IMMA KEEP MOVING FORWARD. THANK YOU TO MY TEAM, MY MANAGEMENT, ATTORNEYS, LABEL AND EVERYONE WHO ADVOCATED FOR JUSTICE. ”

As a result of the verdict, Rocky – who previously spent a month in jail in the Swedish capital before being released ahead of the end of the trial in early August – was ordered to pay $1,300 compensation to his 19-year-old victim, Mustafa Jafari.

Rocky and his friends were arrested in Stockholm as earlier reported by The Sauce, Sweden, in July for their involvement in a fight prior to a music festival and after being found guilty, they were given a suspended prison sentence.

Swedish prosecutors had asked for them to be given a six-month prison sentence but they won’t have to serve any more jail time, after being released on August 2nd.

It has been reported that a more serious sentence was not handed down because prosecutors could not prove a bottle was used in the attack.

Journalist Alex Marshall tweeted: “#ASAPRocky didn’t get a stronger sentence as the prosecutor couldn’t prove a bottle was used in the attack says the lead judge.”

The court said in a statement, obtained by BBC News: “The assault has not been of such a serious nature that a prison sentence must be chosen. The defendants are therefore sentenced to conditional sentences.”

ASAP Rocky’s court case almost became a diplomatic stand-off when President Trump and other prominent American figures took a stand for the rapper. As reported by The Sauce, the ‘Fuckin Problems’ rapper pleaded not guilty to assault charges in a Swedish court on Tuesday (30.07.19) on the first day of a trial facing up to two years in prison. Rapper Kanye West and President Trump appealed for ASAP Rocky’s release. The US Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs, Robert O’Brien, was in court to “support the members of the family and the American citizens.”

 

ADVERTISEMENT
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)
The Sauce Videos
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)