Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

topad

Capital Campus

Morning fire at Lenana School reportedly caused by an electrical fault

A fire that broke out at Lenana School’s Tom Mboya dormitory at about 7.40 am on Monday has been extinguished.

The school principal, William Kemei, told Capital FM News no student was hurt in during the incident noting that the dormitory’s 164 occupants were attending a school assembly.

“We got in with workers and teachers and a few students with some fire extinguishers to put out the fire, but it was still raging,” he explained.

“The fire spread so quickly but firefighters arrived on time to contain the fire,” Kemei said.

Kemei said the 164 students will be accommodated in other dormitories as the administration works to restore the gutted down student residence.


The Head Teacher said they suspected an electrical fault could have caused the fire saying, “there had been an incident on the same dormitory, and it’s been rewired so we hope there is no other reason.”

Kemei said the 164 students will be accommodated in other dormitories as the administration works to restore the gutted down student residence.

This article was first published by Capital News.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

You May Also Like

Da Squeeze

Kenya has a robust matatu culture and some people around the world love it. Award winning American singer and dancer Chris Brown yesterday (23.03.20)...

Da Squeeze

A local Kenyan paper has been busted for publishing a fake news story on footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. According to the news item on the...

Da Squeeze

Kenyans on Twitter are not to be messed with, they bring guns to a knife fight. The hard-hitting K.O.T recently got into a Twitter...

Da Squeeze

I6 million people in Italy under quarantine over Coronavirus now have a little something from the top porn site in the world to help...