Harvey Weinstein has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus.
The disgraced movie mogul – who is days into his 23 year sentence for after being convicted of third-degree rape and a first-degree criminal sexual act – was reportedly one of two people to test positive for the virus in New York’s Wende Correctional Facility.
A source told DailyMail.com: “He tested positive and is quarantined.”
Weinstein is said to have been isolated at the prison, and whilst a representative for the movie mogul said they were not aware of the diagnosis.
And whilst the state’s Department of Corrections and Community Supervision said they were not able to say who had tested positive because of federal health-care privacy law, they did confirm that two had tested positive for the coronavirus.
After Weinstein was sentenced, he was rushed to hospital after suffering a “dangerous” rise in blood pressure following his sentencing hearing, as earlier reported on The Sauce.
The disgraced movie mogul was rushed to hospital following the sentencing trial, and his spokesperson has confirmed the reason for hospitalization.
Slamming rumors that Weinstein had suffered some sort of heart attack or some “emergency angioplasty” surgery, spokesman Juda Engelmayer said: “His blood pressure spiked to a dangerous level and given his angioplasty last week, they brought him to Bellevue to be watched and monitored. He did not have another angioplasty.”
Justice James A. Burke, who had been presiding over the trial in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, New York, handed down the sentence of 23 years to Weinstein whilst prosecutor Joan Illuzzi praised the six women who had come forward to testify against Weinstein, all of who attended the sentencing.
Meanwhile, Sabrina Dhowre Elba has tested positive for coronavirus.
The 30-year-old model wasn’t “surprised” to find out she was diagnosed with the virus after husband Idris Elba tested positive too, as earlier reported.
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey for her ‘Oprah Talks COVID-19’ show on Apple TV+, she said: “I found out this morning. I tested positive, I’m not surprised. As soon as I heard that Idris was potentially exposed, I mean, I was on the my way anyway, I wanted to be with him. I think that’s an instinct as a wife. You just want to go and take care. We didn’t change the way we interacted. I could have made a decision to put myself maybe in a separate room or stay away, and I’m sure that people are making those decisions that are tough decisions to make. But I made the decision to be with him and still touch him.”
Meanwhile, Idris previously said it felt the right thing to do to share his diagnosis as it “opened up a lot of conversation around it”.
Actress Debi Mazar has also joined the growing list of celebrities who have tested positive for coronavirus.The 55-year-old actress has taken to Instagram to reveal she has been found to have the virus – but Debi also reassured her followers that she’s currently “OK”.
The New York-born star – who has daughters Giulia, 14, and Evelina, 17 is keen to get back to her best self, currently under medical care and in self quarantine.
Television host Andy Cohen announced in an Instagram post on Friday, March 20th that he’s tested positive for coronavirus.
On Saturday, March 21st 2020 it was reported thatJulia Evelyn Morley a 81 year old British businesswoman, charity worker and former model had tested positive for Coronavirus.
She is the chairman of the Miss World Organization which runs the annual Miss World pageant.
According to recent reports, the United States of America has 35,000 active cases of Coronavirus with 357 deaths so far. According to NBC yesterday, there has been more than 300,000 cases and 13,000 deaths world wide with the most affected countries being China, Italy and the United States.
However, these are not the only celebrities suffering from the virus. On March 18, Cameroonian jazz legend Manu Dibango was admitted to the hospital to receive treatment for the coronavirus. The 86 year old ‘Soul Makossa’ hitmaker is resting and recovering according to a statement on his Facebook page.
Shortly after, as reported by The Sauce Tanzanian rapper Mwana FA announced his Coronavirus diagnosis following his recent travels to South Africa. Superstar Diamond Platnumz’ manager Sallam SK tested positive for COVID-19 after the singer’s now cancelled Europe Tour. Diamond and the rest of his team are healthy and are in quarantine.