A Business Development Officer position has opened up at Smart Applications Group. The tech company based in Nairobi seeks a forward-thinking individual who will ensure business growth by participating, directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
The Business Development Officer will also help manage onboarding clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. The role will be required to identify, pursue and call on clients to make presentations on Smart solutions and services that meet or predict the clients’ future needs.
Job purpose: To build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Report on the business development division’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed.
2. Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
3. Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within a client organization, research and build relationships with them.
4. Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
5. Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
6. Champion in pricing the solution/service.
7. Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
8. Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
9. Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
10. Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
11. Contribute to the development and refinement of Company’s vision and strategy especially in business development
12. Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
13. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
14. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
15. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
1. Holder of a Bachelor’s degree preferably in IT/Computer Science.
2. Knowledge in sales.
3. Having worked directly in marketing and in a customer facing role is an added advantage
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
1. Skill in customer service & support and training with demonstrated customer service orientation.
2. Strong and well developed analytical and report writing skills.
3. Quick learner with demonstrated product knowledge and professionalism.
4. Excellence in problem-solving skills.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
6. Team player, with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers and other service delivery functions.
7. Self-starter with possession of self-management and self-drive to complete tasks and engage customers.
8. Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
9. Ability to work under tight deadlines, heavy workloads and remain calm under pressure with a high degree of individual responsibility, all of which are implicit with the position.
Qualified candidates should send their applications via [email protected]
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.