Organisation: INADES Formation Kenya
Interns 2 Positions
INADES Formation Kenya (IFK) is implementing a project known as “Enhancing the Resilience of communities to adapt to the Adverse effects of Climate Change on their food security” abbreviated as ERCACC.
The project focus is increasing the resilience of target communities to climate variability and its effects on food security and environment.
This involves adopting practices that enable the identified vulnerable target group to protect their existing food security systems, diversify their sources of income, change their livelihood strategies and adopt sustainable environmental management practices
IFK is seeking to fill two internship positions in efforts to assist fresh university graduates gain working experience as they sharpen their skills in fields of Agriculture, Environment and Community Development.
One of the successful interns shall be based in Mbumbuni in Mbooni East District while the other one shall be based in Kee Division of Makueni District both with some regular official visits to the IFK office in Machakos.
The internship period shall be twelve calendar months starting June 2013 up to May 2014.
Interested candidates should have at least a university degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science / Studies or their equivalent.
Roles and Responsibilities
These positions shall entail:
· Realization of set targets/results and impact of participating communities in the area you have been posted.
· Participate in the regular pedagogical meetings organized by the office.
· Production of monthly progress reports and sharing them with the Project Officer. · Constantly consulting with the Project Officer and/or Team Animator (Programmes Coordinator).
· Ensuring in-build mechanisms for sustainability of the project among participating communities.
· Ensure well-coordinated community mobilization, existence of effective structures and sustained motivation.
· Preparing detailed annual/monthly/daily/activity work plans indicating objective of the activity, justification (why it was necessary), with specific allocation of roles.
· Keeping a record of daily, weekly and monthly results or achievements as well as challenges and lessons learnt.
· Monitoring of implementation of work plans by communities to ensure realization of set of set targets
· Performing any other duty as shall be assigned by the IFK Management.
The successful candidates are expected to be:
· Have computer proficiency in the basic Microsoft office packages
· Excellent in report writing
· Team players
· Able to work under tight deadlines
· Willing and able to work under minimum supervision Note: Knowledge of local language will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Applications are expected to reach IFK Managing Director by latest 13th of May 2013 by either email (email@example.com) or by hand delivery.