Education is one of the most important investments you can make in yourself.
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) now offers the Jielimishe Loan to employed students pursuing Professional Courses, Higher National Diploma, Bachelors, Postgraduate-Diploma, Masters, or PhD degrees in Kenya.
The features of the Jielimishe loan are;
1. A competitive interest rate of 10% per year
2. Flexible repayment periods of 12 – 48 months (72 months for Public Servants)
3. Convenient and easy monthly check-off repayments
4. Borrow up to 90% of your program fees
5. Affordable Credit Life Insurance Policy
The requirements are;
1. Admission letter from a recognized university/College in Kenya
2. Certified copy of your last acquired academic certificate (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
3. Three (3) months latest payslips (certified by your employer)
4. If you are employed on contract, please provide a copy of appointment letter of not less than two years (certified by your employer)
5. Certified copy of your National ID (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
6. Certified copy of your KRA PIN (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
7. Certified copy of National ID from two employed guarantors (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
8. Recent coloured passport size photograph of yourself
Note: Previous HELB loan (if any) should be in repayment or cleared.
Who is eligible:
• Civil service (Ministries, Counties, National Police Service, Kenya Defense Forces)
• Public Commissions e.g. Teachers Service Commission, JSC, PSC, CAJ, SRC, CRA etc
• Parastatals e.g. KRA, NSSF, NHIF, NTSA, KWS, KFS, KPA etc
• Public Universities
• Selected Private companies (E-mail [email protected] to check whether your company is eligible)
How to apply:
Loan applications are done online on www.helb.co.ke
Sadly, education can be quite expensive but with HELB loans you can finance your studies easily. HELB empowers students with lower capped and flexible repayments while studying.
Other HELB Loans that can help you get that degree, certificate or diploma include the undergraduate loans for direct entry students and TVET loans for students in Technical institutions.