Here are the things you should know about HELB Loans for Salaried students - The Sauce
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Capital Campus

Here are the things you should know about HELB Loans for Salaried students

A pretty african american business woman at her company

Education is one of the most important investments you can make in yourself.

The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) now offers the Jielimishe Loan to employed students pursuing Professional Courses, Higher National Diploma, Bachelors, Postgraduate-Diploma, Masters, or PhD degrees in Kenya.

The features of the Jielimishe loan are;
1. A competitive interest rate of 10% per year
2. Flexible repayment periods of 12 – 48 months (72 months for Public Servants)
3. Convenient and easy monthly check-off repayments
4. Borrow up to 90% of your program fees
5. Affordable Credit Life Insurance Policy

The requirements are;
1. Admission letter from a recognized university/College in Kenya
2. Certified copy of your last acquired academic certificate (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
3. Three (3) months latest payslips (certified by your employer)
4. If you are employed on contract, please provide a copy of appointment letter of not less than two years (certified by your employer)
5. Certified copy of your National ID (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
6. Certified copy of your KRA PIN (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
7. Certified copy of National ID from two employed guarantors (certified by a commissioner of oaths)
8. Recent coloured passport size photograph of yourself

Note: Previous HELB loan (if any) should be in repayment or cleared.

Who is eligible:
Employees in:
• Civil service (Ministries, Counties, National Police Service, Kenya Defense Forces)
• Public Commissions e.g. Teachers Service Commission, JSC, PSC, CAJ, SRC, CRA etc
• Parastatals e.g. KRA, NSSF, NHIF, NTSA, KWS, KFS, KPA etc
• Public Universities
• Selected Private companies (E-mail [email protected] to check whether your company is eligible)

How to apply:
Loan applications are done online on

Sadly, education can be quite expensive but with HELB loans you can finance your studies easily. HELB empowers students with lower capped and flexible repayments while studying.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Other HELB Loans that can help you get that degree, certificate or diploma include the undergraduate loans for direct entry students and TVET loans for students in Technical institutions.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Some More Sauce...


Kenyans on Twitter woke up to an explicit video that has since gone viral. In the video, a woman who is known on social...

Da Squeeze

Kenyan beauty Tanasha Donna Oketch recently opened up about her life. The 24 year old former radio presenter, musician and mother of one is...


Ugandan TV journalist Simon Kaggwa Njala’s face has got to be one of the memed faces of 2019.   But how did this Ugandan...

Da Squeeze

Kenya has a robust matatu culture and some people around the world love it. Award winning American singer and dancer Chris Brown yesterday (23.03.20)...

Da Squeeze

Kenyans on Twitter are not to be messed with, they bring guns to a knife fight. The hard-hitting K.O.T recently got into a Twitter...


The Free Mason society is known to be secretive and very private, but not anymore it may seem. The Freemason society based in Nairobi...

Da Squeeze

Bongo star Harmonize launched his latest album over the weekend and his former boss Diamond Platnumz is on the frontline cheering him on. Wasafi...

Da Squeeze

Famed comedian and radio host Jalang’o hosted John Otieno “Owago Onyiro” Byron, on YouTube for a candid discussion on his ventures in comedy and...