The 92nd Academy Awards was a mixed bag, but the fashionistas served looks during the Oscars red carpet as well as after-parties.
Here are our favorite looks from the Oscars this past weekend thanks to Black Hollywood:
1. Spike Lee wore a custom suit in tribute to Kobe Bryant to the Oscars on Sunday (09.02.20). The 62-year-old film director – who is a basketball fanatic – donned an eye-catching suit for the annual awards show where he was seen sporting the colors of the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team that the late star played for. Spike also had the number ’24’ on his jacket, in tribute to Bryant, who’s Lakers jersey number was number 24. Bryant died in a helicopter crash on January 26 as reported by The Sauce.
2. ‘Yoga’ singer Janelle Monae looked like the Black Madonna in an iridescent hooded gown. Monae who appeared happy at the prestigeous event, seemed to have recovered from mercury poisoning, which left her ailing according to a recent report on The Sauce. The custom metallic tulle mesh A-line gown had a draped hood and open back from Ralph Lauren. It had been so heavy, it required a team of four people to deliver the outfit to her dressing room.
The spectacular dress – which was teamed with crystal-lacquered silk lamé platform sandals and Forevermark jewelry – took 600 hours to make.
3.’Harriet’ lead Cynthia Erivo stunned in a white number. The gorgeous Brit actress and singer showed off her decolletage and gorgeous brown skin in the asymmetrical structured gown. The simple make-up and glitz accessories completed the sizzling look.
4. Comedy queen Regina King also looked gorgeous in a busty blush pink gown. The 49-year-old Academy Award winner sparkled at the red carpet. MSN reports, the actress, who was presenting for the Best Supporting Actress category, paired over $500,000 worth of Harry Winston jewelry (including rings and bracelets) with her fitted pink gown.
5. Award-winning director Ava DuVernay had several people green with envy over her emerald green floor-length dress. Not one to be outdone, DuVernay sinched in her waist with a metallic belt, as her dreadlocks cascaded down past her shoulders.
6. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were gangster chic. The twosome attended the prestigious event with Kim wearing off-white corset gown, while Kanye looked stylish in a leather suit sans shirt, at the Vanity Fair Oscars party. Kim’s youngest sister Kylie Jenner was also in attendance and wore a figure-hugging dress.
7. Blac Chyna paired a deep plunge velvet dress with a 1920s inspired short hairdo. Attending an Oscar Award party, she flaunted her curves and tattooed body with a peek-a-boo slit up to her upper thigh.
Which look did you like most?