Waxing is a simple, yet effective method of grooming.
The spa or salon you visit may use hard or soft wax. According to an article by Orlando Wax Spa, “Hard wax is first applied as a liquid. It goes on the skin a lot thicker than the soft wax. It then hardens after it cools off and the wax is removed without the use of a muslin strip. All waxes, hard or soft, remove some of the top layers of dead skin cells off of the skin, as it is a form of mild exfoliation.”
Here are a few things you should know about the basics of waxing.
1. Before getting a bikini wax, it is important to note that the length of your hair does matter. Do trim your hairs if they are more than a quarter inch long.
2. Do pay attention to timing. Schedule your waxing appointment in accordance with your period. Do not schedule it 3 days prior to your monthly period as your skin might be extra sensitive. Do not drink alcohol or caffeinated drinks a few hours before your waxing service, doing this will only make the skin more sensitive.
3. Do exfoliate before your appointment to open up your pores. Because a wax removes the hairs from the root, exfoliating could help ease the waxing process.
4. Be prepared to feel exposed. Whether you are getting your upper lip waxed or your bikini area, the process of waxing is quite intimate. To do their job well, an aesthetician often gets quite close and personal. To prep, ensure you have taken a shower and remember to breathe throughout the whole process.
5. Do wear loose clothing after your appointment to avoid chafing.