Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities and to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee general office administration, (i.e. supervision of support staff, maintenance of office cleanliness etc).
• Ensure proper management of office equipment, proper maintenance, repairs, insurance and contract for all office equipment/assets.
• Ensure proper maintenance of office compound/gardens and the office in general.
• Coordinate logistics for travel/accommodation/conferences, ticketing, visas, and pickups to/from the airport.
• Support the HR & Admin officer in supervising and organizing the Office Assistant and the drivers to meet their job descriptions, including meeting good cleaning standards for the office premises.
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails and ensure that all telephone bills are paid in time.
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
• Assist in planning and preparation of meetings, workshops and the Boardroom.
• Direct visitors to the appropriate staff member and prepare itineraries.
• Open and date stamp all general correspondences and sort all mails.
• Update phone / mail directories.
• Update and chase all delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
• Perform other related duties as required by the management and assure discreet handling of all business.
• Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, however a diploma holder with proven experience can be considered.
• At least 3 years relevant experience
• Proficient in Administration matters
• Able to communicate well with all levels of people.
• Good writing skills
• Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet date lines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong IT and skills
Special working conditions:
The incumbent may have to work odd and/or long hours at a time to complete special requests for projects
• Communication skills – written and verbal
• Planning and organizing
• Problem assessment and problem solving
• Information gathering and information monitoring
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer service orientation
Interested candidates are to apply by email with an up to date CV and cover letter including contacts of 3 referees and current remuneration package. Closing date for applications is 16th November 2012 before 5pm to:
Please write- “APPLICATION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT” on the subject line of your email
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center,
P.O. Box 66873-00800, Nairobi,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.