Football Football

Barcelona line up Sh2bn bid for United’s Daley Blind

Shares
 Jose Mourinho is willing to let Juan Mata (L) and Daley Blind (R) leave Manchester United this summer.

Jose Mourinho is willing to let Juan Mata (L) and Daley Blind (R) leave Manchester United this summer.

BARCELONA, Spain June 1- Daley Blind could be culled as part of Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United revolution and according to reports in Spain, Barcelona could be offering him a route out of Old Trafford.

Sport reports on Wednesday that the reigning La Liga champions have identified the Holland international as a transfer target and believe his versatility would be a vital asset.

Their front page reads ‘Surprise Blind’ and says Luis Enrique’s side are lining up a Sh2bn offer.

The 26-year-old Blind, who can play in the centre of defence or midfield, is understood to be available at the right price to bidders as Mourinho plots an overhaul of the United squad he inherits from Louis van Gaal.

He impressed under Van Gaal’s two-year reign and in the latter half of the 2015-16 campaign, forged an impressive partnership at the heart of the defence alongside Chris Smalling.

Another player who is the subject of an uncertain future under Mourinho is Spain playmaker Juan Mata.

He was offloaded to United during Mourinho’s second spell at Chelsea, in January 2014, and like Blind, is said to be available for the right offer.

And last week, Mundo Deportivo reported that Barcelona had also identified Mata as another possible target.

The report added that Barca believe he could help turn their three-pronged attack of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar into a four-man attacking force.

Mata was left out of Spain’s squad for Euro 2016 while Blind and Holland did not qualify for this month’s tournament in France.

Shares

Comments