NAIROBI, Kenya, May 17- World football governing body FIFA has lifted an embargo on grants to the Football Kenya Federation (FKF) after the new office pleaded their case, but that is only where the good news ends.
The Federation is faced with Sh182 million in debts and the financial situation is getting worse with two former national team coaches suing for wrongful dismissal.
MP&Silva who entered into a broadcast partnership with the FKF led by the then President Sam Nyamweya last year, is also suing the Federation for breach of contract but Nick Mwendwa has not exactly disclosed how much the Italian company is suing for.
“It is a huge amount though I would not like to go into details now. However, it is something that we are following up on. We have discussions with them to look for a compromise,” the FKF chief said.
Former coaches Adel Amrouche and Bobby Williamson are suing the Federation for a combined sum of Sh170 million after terminating their contracts.
Amrouche has taken his case to FIFA and is claiming Sh130 million in damages while Williamson has forwarded his case to the Sports Tribunal, claiming Sh40 million.
However, Mwendwa says they have taken the dialogue route with both coaches to look for an amicable settlement.
Amrouche was dismissed by the previous FKF office after being slapped with a CAF fine in 2013 and forwarded his case to FIFA.
Williamson was shown the door as soon as the new office came into place with youthful Stanley Okumbi succeeding him.
There has been reports that Amrouche is looking for a soft landing back to the Kenyan job and his give and take deal with the Federation includes him being reinstated as the national team coach in order to drop the case at FIFA.
Mwendwa has however declined to issue further comment on the matter, saying they are in discussions with several options available.