LONDON, December 23- Michael Schumacher’s former manager has rubbished claims that the seven-time Formula 1 world champion is walking again.
Schumacher was left comatose and paralysed after he fell and hit his head on a rock while skiing in December 2013, even though he was wearing a helmet.
However, earlier this week, German lifestyle magazine Bunte reported that Schumacher had regained the ability to walk and could lift his arm above his head.
Sabine Kehm, Schumacher’s former manager and a family spokesperson since the accident, told the Telegraph on Tuesday that the claims were untrue.
“Unfortunately, we are forced by a recent press report to clarify that the assertion that Michael could move again is not true,” Kehm said.
“Such speculation is irresponsible, because given the seriousness of his injuries, Michael’s privacy is very important for him. Unfortunately they also give false hopes to many people involved.”
Bunte claimed to have received the information from a “confidant” of Schumacher’s and also quoted the unnamed man.
Schumacher was released from hospital and returned to his home in Switzerland in April 2014 after emerging from his coma, but is reported to still be wheelchair-bound and unable to speak.