Football Football

Costa: I’m the new EPL bad guy

Shares
Chelsea’'s Diego Costa, seen during an English Premier League match against Arsenal, at Stamford Bridge in London, on September 19, 2015. PHOTO/AFP

Chelsea’’s Diego Costa, seen during an English Premier League match against Arsenal, at Stamford Bridge in London, on September 19, 2015. PHOTO/AFP

LONDON, October 24- Chelsea striker Diego Costa believes it’s ‘obvious that there are people after him’ and says he has replaced Luis Suarez as the ‘bad guy’ in the Premier League.

Costa has never been far from the headlines following his £32 million move from Atletico Madrid in 2014 and just recently returned from a three-match ban for an altercation with Arsenal defender Gabriel in their 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge last month.

Uruguayan Suarez was equally maligned during his three-and-a-half seasons at Liverpool, and Costa claims he is suffering from the same animosity that eventually saw Suarez leave the Premier League.

“I think Luis Suarez left this country because of how he was treated and made out to be the bad guy. Do I feel like I have taken his place? That is crystal clear,” he told the Evening Standard.

“It is obvious that there are people after me. If you do something wrong and it makes the papers, then okay, that’s fair.

“But when people are after you all of the time, when you’re always the headline that’s not fair. I hope they’re not after me. I hope it’s not the case. I hope it’s something that’s just in my head.”

Shares

Comments