LONDON, August 25 – West Ham United’s Diafra Sakho has been arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill and witness intimidation, with his spokesman saying Tuesday that the striker denies the allegations.
Scotland Yard police headquarters said officers in east London made an arrest on Sunday.
“Officers from Havering arrested a man on suspicion of threats to kill and witness intimidation,” a spokesman said.
“A 25-year-old man was arrested. He was taken to an east London police station and bailed pending police enquiries to a date in early October.”
The Senegal international was also questioned earlier this month on suspicion of assault.
A spokesman for the player told The Sun newspaper: “Diafra Sakho has not been charged with any offence.
“He vigorously denies the allegations that have been made against him, and has given police a complete explanation of events.
“He will not be making any further comment.”
Sakho joined West Ham from French side Metz last year and scored 12 goals in his first season at Upton Park.
Sahko has played in all three of the east London side’s English Premier League matches so far this season.