Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Features

Probe into Kipsiro death threats launched

MOSES-KIPSIROKAMPALA, April 17- A Ugandan government team has started investigating allegations of death threats against the country’s star athlete Moses Kipsiro.

Fred Enanga, the police spokesman told Xinhua in an interview on Friday that the team has started its work although no arrests have been done yet.

The team comprising of the police and information communication and technology experts is expected to report back early next month.

Last month the 2010 Commonwealth Games 5,000m gold medalist Kipsiro pulled out of the 2015 IAAF World Cross Country Championships alleging that someone had sent him a death threatening message on his phone.

The athlete said he suspected one of the coaches Peter Wemali to have sent the message.

Wemali last year was suspended by the athletics body for allegedly sexually harassing female athletes while in camp.

Wemali’s alleged violations were first reported by Kipsiro.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

More on Capital Sports

Football

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 25 – There is light at the end of the tunnel. After failed promises over the last three years since its...

Athletics

NAIROBI, Kenya, June 8 – Olympic Champion Caster Semenya and wife Violet Raseboya have hinted that they might be expecting a baby in a...

NFL

NAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 13 – Kenya’s history making Daniel Adongo, the first Kenyan to play in America’s National Football League (NFL), is now living...

Features

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 17 – The Kakamega High School ‘Green Commandos’ have produced a plethora of talent over the past decades in Kenyan football...

© 2020 Capital Digital Media. Capital Group Limited. All Rights Reserved