Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The 2014 FIFA World Cup

FIFA rejects Uruguay, Suarez appeals

SUAREZ-CHIELLINIRIO DE JANEIRO, July 10- FIFA has dismissed appeals by the Uruguay Football Association and Luis Suarez over the striker’s four-month global ban for biting, it was confirmed Thursday.

“The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to reject appeals lodged by both the Uruguayan player Luis Suarez and the Uruguayan FA,” a statement said.

“The terms of the decision taken by the FIFA Appeal Committee were communicated to the player and the Uruguayan FA today.”

The FIFA statement said the decision was not binding, meaning Liverpool star Suarez could still appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Suarez was thrown out of the World Cup and banned from all football activity for four months after being found guilty of biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini in a Group D game on June 24.

It was the third time Suarez had been found guilty of biting an opponent in his career.

Click to comment

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

More on Capital Sports

Football

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 25 – There is light at the end of the tunnel. After failed promises over the last three years since its...

Athletics

NAIROBI, Kenya, June 8 – Olympic Champion Caster Semenya and wife Violet Raseboya have hinted that they might be expecting a baby in a...

NFL

NAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 13 – Kenya’s history making Daniel Adongo, the first Kenyan to play in America’s National Football League (NFL), is now living...

Features

NAIROBI, Kenya, May 17 – The Kakamega High School ‘Green Commandos’ have produced a plethora of talent over the past decades in Kenyan football...

© 2020 Capital Digital Media. Capital Group Limited. All Rights Reserved