After prolonged talks with the African country’s government a deal was reached and the squad will finally head to the World Cup later Sunday, a Cameroon Football Federation official told AFP.
“The players should have left this (Sunday) morning but they didn’t want to because there was a problem with bonuses,” the source told AFP on condition of anonymity.
“Until yesterday, the government was offering 50 million CFA francs (76,000 euros, $104,000) as a participation bonus (to each player), but they wanted more.
“The problem was solved during the day and they should leave Cameroon tonight.”
The players had been due to leave at 1.45pm (1645 GMT) but will now leave at 9:30pm instead, Cameroon radio television (CRTV) said.
CRTV said each player will receive a 50 million CFA franc bonus plus a share of 6 percent of the revenue generated by the federation during the World Cup.