Good news for Concours

Shares

NAIROBI, Kenya, February 9 – Access Kenya Group have increased their sponsorship package of the annual Concours d’elegance from nine million shillings to Sh13million.The group’s internet division managing director Kris Senanu said on Tuesday that the package includes a prize fund of Sh1.5 million which is in recognition of the event that will be celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.

“Recognizing that this year’s event is a landmark in the history of the Concours our support includes a prize fund of Sh1.5 million to the winning competitors,” said Senanu who was flanked by Alfa Romeo Owners club chairman Bob Dewar.

“We will reward successful competitors in the classiest event in the motor sport calendar. We are proud to be the title sponsor of the Concours which is recognized and sanctioned by the African Motorcycle Union (AMU) and has full Africa status for both cars and bikes,” he added.

For the second year running, Access Kenya will provide hi tech facilities with a state of the art media centre where journalists will be receiving real time results and SMS voting for spectators.

“It will take to a high level the hi-tech feel introduced to the Access Kenya Africa Concours d’Elegance last year which included a real time results service, SMS voting by spectators, Bluetooth proximity marketing and a digital media centre from where the media filed their stories real-time. Visitors should come ready to explore the world of internet and data,” said Senanu.

Dewar said that the 2010 event has attracted interest from as far as England and India.

“The internet facility introduced last year by Access Kenya drew interest Concour enthusiasts the world over,” said Dewar.

 

 

Shares

Comments