Okay it is the season of love, valentine is here and boy do we like making excuses In the name of Love to spend and be extravagant. Well there are 2 sides to this coin. While others will be celebrating euphorically and receiving gifts whether sent to them by an admirer or let’s face it, by themselves, there is also bound to be quite a lot of breakups as well.
Okay I admit others might be fake ones just so that one gets out of the obligation of wowing the woman or women in their lives, depending on their ability to multitask. But for those who will find themselves facing a real break up here are some 5 tips on how to move on after one.
1. Take some time off; give yourself time to heal first & re- evaluate your life. Figure out why you are in that situation in the first place. Could it be because you entered into the relationship for the wrong reasons? Was it a relationship to begin with? Well fill in all the blanks and things might have some semblance of sense.
2. Keep your distance; urges will be there to meet and talk, you will look for whatever excuse there is to go see them but be warned, this is the worst mistake you can ever make. So when somebody tells you “things between us are not working and maybe we can be friends”, please reject the offer, you can even add a slap across the face just to seal the deal.
3. Don’t be afraid to cry. Cry your eyes out, break something if it makes you feel better, but find a way of letting out what emotions you might be having, just don’t go slitting your wrists or setting his house on fire because one he’s not worth it and 2 Arson is a punishable crime by law.
4. Don’t be desperate; panic is the one thing that makes ladies go back to a relationship that they had decided was not worthwhile just because of the fear of being alone. This fear is so real and it will always sneak up on you but do not lose sight of the bigger picture, and no do not get into another relationship with the aim of getting married, when you are ready to start dating again, just go with it and see where it takes you.
5. Don’t forget to live; surround yourself with joy and happiness. You might as well do the things you have never gotten a chance to do when you were together. Don’t rule out the possibility of ever dating again. The second time is always a charm, and if at first you don’t succeed, try, try and try again. This is really the joy of leaving.