Lamar Odom has confirmed he is in negotiations to re-sign with the Los Angeles Clippers but says the deal has “not yet” been done.
The star, whose four-year marriage to Khloé Kardashian has been rocked by allegations he cheated on her and has been battling an addiction to crack cocaine, is believed to have met with head coach Doc Rivers and Clippers GM Gary Sacks on Friday.
The 33-year-old sports star has confirmed to TMZ discussions are underway for a return to the Clippers.
When asked by a video paparazzo who approached him at LAX Airport if he has sealed the deal, he replied: “not yet”, adding things were going “well” as he hopes to return to basketball.
It has been reported that the star had been working out to make his way back to the court and has been sober for a month.
A source said last month: “He is taking steps to get himself back on track.”
The road to Lamar’s NBA comeback has not been without struggle. The 14-year veteran, who previously played for the Clippers during the 2012-2013 season, was arrested for a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) on August 30 and later pleaded not guilty.
At the time of Lamar’s arrest, 29-year-old Khloé and the rest of the Kardashian family had been urging him to seek treatment.
The couple have since been attending counselling sessions and are “using it as a forum to talk through all of their issues”.