Pop star Justin Bieber has been ordered to appear in an Argentine court over allegations he told his bodyguards to attack a photographer last year.
The 20-year-old pop star is accused of sending bodyguards to attack a photographer outside a nightclub in Buenos Aires, Argentina last year – and has been warned that if he does not return, he could be arrested or extradited.
On Thursday (13.11.14), judge Facundo Cubas asked Interpol to use all “necessary means” to inform the ‘Boyfriend’ hitmaker that he has 60 days to appear before the court in Argentina, the New York Post newspaper reports.
Justin is accused by Argentine photographer Diego Pesoa of having him chased down and beaten on November 9, 2013, by his bodyguards outside the INK nightclub.
Speaking at the time of the incident, Diego said: “I was waiting for Justin Bieber to leave so I could take a picture of him when a bodyguard tried to take my camera off me.
“He began to run after me and half a block away he punched me in the head before kicking me in the stomach as I was lying on the ground.
“When I tried to get away, I realised that instead of just one there were seven or eight bodyguards behind me.
“I’ve got cuts all the way up my arm and bruises on my stomach and my head hurts.”
If he is found guilty of causing minor injuries, Justin could face up to one year in prison.