, MASINGA, Kenya Oct 21 – A 53-year-old man died after a fierce fire razed his house in Ngomano village in Masinga on Sunday night.
Local administrators and residents said the fire was most likely caused by a tin lamp.
“Neighbors have told us that the man returned home drunk and that he could have left his tin lamp burning,” said Josphat Sikuku, the area Assistant Chief.
Charred remains of the man’s body were pulled out of the debris on Monday morning and taken to the mortuary.
Nothing was salvaged in the house.
Area police chief Francis Siror said an investigation will be launched into the incident.