, NAIROBI, Kenya, May 22 – The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) now wants work permits of four Chinese workers accused of assaulting a Kenyan officer revoked.
The Authority on Tuesday expelled the staff from the project site in Lodwar with immediate effect following the reported assault said to have taken place last week on Friday.
Through a statement to newsrooms on Wednesday, the authority instructed the contractor to get a replacement of the expelled staff within 21 days.
“The conduct is against the conditions of contract of staff, consequently, KeNHA on May 21 2019 expelled the staff from the project and has made a recommendation for the cancellation of work permits for the foreign staff involved, to the relevant immigration authorities,” read part of the statement.
The incident is said to have taken place when they were undertaking the construction and rehabilitation of the Loichangamatak-Lodwar road.
KeNHA further directed the contractor to conduct capacity building for the entire staff within 28 days to ensure such incidences don’t occur again in future.