NAIROBI, Kenya, May 16 – The new government spokesperson Colonel (Rtd) Cyrus Oguna has called on Kenyans to take advantage of the remaining days and register for Huduma Namba.
Oguna reiterated that the government has no intention of extending the registration date whose deadline is on May 18.
“The world is going digital and the process of registering Kenyans to acquire Huduma Namba will go a long way in helping the government achieve its goal of a complete digital transformation. The Huduma Namba will ease government’s service delivery and so I am calling on those who have not registered to do as before the deadline,” Oguna said.
“So far 32 million Kenyans have registered.”
Speaking during his first address since he was appointed, Oguna said he intends to maintain an open-door policy for greater interaction and engagement with Kenyans.
“My communication philosophy while in this office will focus on dialogue as opposed to monologue. It will therefore be my wish that we walk together with the citizens and share in their expectations and aspirations in life,” he said.
The retired Colonel was appointed by President Uhuru Kenyatta on May 7 and he has taken over from Erick Kiraithe who has been moved to the Ministry of ICT as the Principal Administrative Secretary.
Kiraithe who had accompanied Oguna said he has left the position in good hands and called on the media and public at large to support Oguna in his new capacity.
Oguna is a career military officer and has held various positions in the management of personnel, operations, training and communications within the Kenya Defence Forces and government.
He is remembered for his role as the Kenya Defence Forces Public Affairs Office and Spokesman for KDF at the onset of operation Linda Nchi, a position he held for three years between 2011 and 2013.
Before his appointment, he served as the Joint National and Resource Mapping Project Spokesman.
He also had a stint as Defence Advisor Attaché at Kenya’s High Commission to Tanzania between 2014 – 2017.