Two women die after inhaling carbon monoxide from a jiko

June 26, 2018 10:50 am
Shares
Nairobi Police Boss Joseph Ole Tito stated that “the two had lit the jiko in their house to keep warm.”/FILE

, NAIROBI, Kenya, Jun 26 – Two women have died on Monday night after they inhaled gas from a burning jiko in Shauri Moyo estate here in Nairobi.

Nairobi Police Boss Joseph Ole Tito stated that “the two had lit the jiko in their house to keep warm.”

He stated that a third victim was rescued from the house long after the incident happened.

Ole Tito advised the public to avoid using jikos to keep warm during the cold season, unless their homes are well ventilated.

A burning jiko produces poisonous carbon monoxide gas that is deadly to humans.

Shares

Latest Articles

News Podcasts

Most Viewed