2 die in Kisumu guest house fire

December 20, 2017 11:35 am
Shares

,

KISUMU, Kenya, Dec 20 – At least two people have been confirmed dead following a fire outbreak early Wednesday morning at guest house located in Kondele, Kisumu.

Witnesses interviewed said the fire started at around 3am when some of guests had booked rooms.

The lodging had no emergency access and Kisumu police commander John Kamau confirmed the incident.

“There was a fire in the lodging which broke out after power came on after a black out. So far, five people have been saved and we are yet to account for a number of people. We are also getting unconfirmed reports that there was a wall that collapsed and injured two firemen who are now in hospital,” he stated.

The two people who were burnt beyond recognition were pulled out of the building as fire fighters battle the raging inferno.

It’s reported that the night watchman had locked the main door before retiring to bed outside the lodging.

Shares

Latest Articles

News Podcasts

Most Viewed