2 officers accuse Nakuru County of flouting court order

October 5, 2017 5:14 pm
Shares
Last week, Governor Lee Kinyanjui replaced Ngarari with Arbe Bashuna, who was until her appointment a procurement officer in the Department of Education/FILE

, NAKURU, Kenya, Oct 5 – The County Government of Nakuru on Thursday locked two senior officers out of their offices despite a court order for status quo to remain.

The two who were sent on compulsory leave over corruption allegations found locks to their doors changed and the name plates removed.

Head of Procurement Eliezer Ngarari and Finance Director Wilson Mungai said the County Government was in contravention of a court order that reinstated them.

The county administration had sent them on compulsory leave before transferring them to Departments of Education and ICT respectively.

“We have a court order issued by Justice Stephen Radido on October 3 restraining the County Government from effecting the transfers until our petition is heard and determined,” said Ngarari.

The duo had petitioned the Employment and Labour Relations Court over their illegal compulsory leaves and subsequent transfers.

After resuming duty on Monday this week, they received the transfer letters, which they contested in court.

Last week, Governor Lee Kinyanjui replaced Ngarari with Arbe Bashuna, who was until her appointment a procurement officer in the Department of Education.

Ngarari said they would be moving back to court to file contempt proceedings against the county government.

The two had sued the County Secretary Benjamin Njoroge, the County Public Service Board and the County Government over alleged contravention of their fundamental human rights and freedoms under articles 27,28,41 and 50 of the Constitution.

They were among 150 staff who were sent on compulsory leave when Governor Kinyanjui took over office in August.

Shares

Latest Articles

News Podcasts

Most Viewed