, NAIROBI, Mar 27 – The plea taking of controversial businessman Paul Kobia was deferred Monday morning after drama unfolded in the Chief Magistrate’s court when he started screaming claiming that he was in pain.
Kobia claimed he was in pain following an accident he was involved in last week and the incident prompted litigants to throng the court seeking to find out what was happening.
Following the incident, the court deferred plea taking to next month after Kobia’s lawyer Kiraithe Wandugi said he was not psychologically fit to answer to the charges.
But the drama was not over as yet as wives of his four bodyguards ambushed him along the court corridors demanding that he pays bail for them.
On Friday, the four pleaded not guilty to the charges and were freed on a cash bail of Sh500,000 each pending trial.
The angry women said their husbands have been unable to raise bail and demanded that he pays for them claiming they acted on ‘his instructions.’
Court orderlies were forced to intervene and led him to the cells.
Kobia and his security guards have been accused of kidnapping and assaulting a Congolese national Londole Iseka Blanchard at Nairobi’s Kilimani area.
The case is due on April 10.