Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

top
Capital News

Kenya

Student electrocuted by window grills connected to power illegally

A crowd gathers at the shop where the student was electrocuted/CFM NEWS

NAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 26 – An 18 year-old student died on Monday morning after she was electrocuted at Kariokor shopping centre in Kieni East within Nyeri County.

Edith Mukiri died after touching window grills that were connected to electricity illegally for security purposes by a controversial businessman who operates a shop and a posho mill in the area.

Edith had travelled from Meru to celebrate Christmas festivities with her sister who lives in the area.

Irate area residents demanded the police to speed up their investigations and arrest the suspect.

The body of the deceased was taken to Nanyuki Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement

More on Capital News