, NAIROBI, Kenya, Apr 8 – Former Kass FM Presenter Joshua arap Sang on Thursday announced that he was consulting to decide on an elective seat in his home county in Trans Nzoia.
Speaking two days after the International Criminal Court (ICC) judges vacated his charges, he announced his return to his media career but this time in both television and radio.
“Now that the case is over, I am keen to re-launch my media career, with an investment in TV broadcasting, and later, radio. I am also considering, praying and consulting on the possibility of running for public office following requests of many people,” he told a press conference in Nairobi.
The media he will join – a Christian television and radio – will be a platform to preach the word of God and also promote good morals in the society especial to ‘people who lied to fix him’.
Sang said the ICC case had traumatized him and his family.
“This case turned my life upside down. I had to leave my job at Kass FM in 2012 because of the logistics of this case,” he explained.
“After I was named a suspect in December 2010, my kids were taunted by other children that their dad would be executed abroad. I had to change schools for them.”
He alleged that a group of people in Kenya sat down and decided to fix him at the ICC in what he termed as a result of a political contest that led to the birth of the ICC cases.
Sang however said he had forgiven all of them but also urged those who had not apologised to approach him and he would forgive them.
He particularly singled out Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria who last year claimed that he was among the politicians who fixed Sang and Deputy President William Ruto over political reasons.
“My friend Moses Kuria came out himself – and it is true. I know so many people were saying he was lying – no, he was among them, but I have forgiven him,” he explained.
“He came home, asked my parents for forgiveness and me. I have forgiven him, he is a hero. Those who are sitting on the truth, come out, we will forgive, if you sit on the truth, God is there, because vengeance belongs to God. It’s not me,” he said.
Sang said he regretted events of the 2007/8 Post Election Violence and urged Kenyans to shun violence to ensure the country never goes back to where it was about nine years ago.
He said he was not worried even if the prosecutor would make a decision to charge him again saying in the first place he was innocent of the crimes committed during PEV.
“I don’t fear, you can come and start another case, but you will never find me guilty of anything because I did not do anything to warrant PEV. I remain innocent for the next many years until God comes, even if any new investigation comes,” he stated.