500 feared dead in Mediterranean migrant shipwreck

September 15, 2014 11:40 am
Shares

,

Migrants trying to reach their destination by train/FILE
Migrants trying to reach their destination by train/FILE
Rome, Sept 15 – Five hundred immigrants are feared dead after a shipwreck in the Mediterranean last week, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said Monday.

Two Palestinians plucked from the water by an Italian freighter on Thursday after their boat capsized near Malta told the organisation that there had been around 500 people on board the vessel, which had been sunk on purpose by traffickers.

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed