At least 10 more killed in fresh Mpeketoni attack

June 17, 2014 6:37 am
Shares

,

Police said gunmen raided Poromoko village and set several houses ablaze/AFP
Police said gunmen raided Poromoko village and set several houses ablaze/AFP
MPEKETONI, Kenya, Jan 17 – At least 10 more people were killed on Monday night in a fresh attack in Mpeketoni, Lamu County, by suspected Al Shabaab militants.

Police said gunmen raided Poromoko village and set several houses ablaze.

The victims of the attacks were shot dead at close range by the gunmen.

Lamu County Commissioner Stephen Ikua confirmed the latest attack, which has raised the death toll to over 60, following Sunday’s initial attack.

READ 48 dead so far in Mpeketoni terror attack

Ikua said more security personnel were deployed to the scene to beef up security and ascertain the exact number of causalities.

The attack happened despite assurances from government to protect citizens and apprehend the attackers.

READ Uhuru, Ruto lead crisis talks after Mpeketoni massacre

The Al Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

READ Somalia’s Shabaab claim Kenya attack

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed