We will crush these terrorists, vows Ruto

May 4, 2014 6:54 pm
Shares
The Deputy President who is holding fort for President Uhuru Kenyatta while he is away in Abuja said security agents were working around the clock to achieve that objective. Photo/ MIKE KARIUKI
The Deputy President who is holding fort for President Uhuru Kenyatta while he is away in Abuja said security agents were working around the clock to achieve that objective. Photo/ MIKE KARIUKI

, NAIROBI, Kenya, May 4 – Deputy President William Ruto said the government was doing everything in its power to bring to book the perpetrators of the twin explosions in Mombasa and Nairobi on Saturday and Sunday evening respectively.

The Deputy President who is holding fort for President Uhuru Kenyatta while he is away in Abuja said security agents were working around the clock to achieve that objective.

“When caught they will face the full force of the law. The Government is committed to the security of all Kenyans. We shall continue to do everything within our powers to protect lives and property,” he said.

He termed the attacks which claimed at least five lives as cowardly and urged members of the public to share with the police any information that could lead to the arrest of the attackers.

He also assured that the government had not reneged on its responsibility to protect its citizens and would do so to the best of its ability.

Leader of the Majority in the National Assembly Aden Duale joined the Deputy President in condemning the attack and expressed solidarity with the security forces.

“We must stand together and be united as one nation behind our security forces and against terrorism. We must defend our country and people at all cost,” he said.

This despite previously criticising the manner in which police were carrying out the Usalama Watch operation aimed at rooting out aliens.

He also expressed his condolences to the victims of attacks adding, “Terrorists want to divide our country and our people along ethnic and religious lines and we will not allow them to succeed.”

Before leaving for Abuja, President Uhuru Kenyatta had pledged to support the families of those who died in the Mombasa explosions on Saturday night.

He was adamant that the terror attacks should not breed religious intolerance but foster even greater unity between Kenyans.

“The terrorists would like a war of religion, bringing to an end our history of tolerance. This country will not allow it. The terrorists wish to see us despairing and divided. They will be disappointed,” he insisted.

Click to view Photo Gallery
[fbphotos id=10151804338817609 size=small]

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed